Thursday, November 12, 2009

1880 bustle bodice repro

This is a shot of me making the pleats for the bodice hem.  I used 100% cotton duct, basically black canvas I wanted the garment to be durable and washable.

The following is my adaptation of the 1880 bodice pattern I found at

Detail of buttons and buttonholes.

I decided to use pleats instead of tabs like the original.

Back panels.

The finished bodice with my beautiful kitty's fur all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, help stop anonymous trolls and reduce spam by using a Google ID to comment. Merely choose from the drop down list provided for commenting. Thank you, Victorian Nonsense