Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Victorian" style bloomers mod for pants

I made a pair of bloomers from some pants of mine I had already made a while back. This mod will work with stretchy material [like the type I use here] or whatever lightweight fabric you may have.

Here are the steps I took:

I cut the pants off at 22" down from my waist and over locked the raw fabric edge at the knee.  Since the fabric was stretchy I pulled it taught while applying a zig zag stitch and it makes the edge very curly as you can see here.

I marked all about the circumference of  of the knee , inside out of course.  I marked the pants inside every 1/4 of the way about & 3" from edge for elastic.

Here you can see how it appears after applying the elastic, make sure you pull the elastic and fabric tightly to achieve this.

Here is the finished pair of bloomers that were once wide leg pajama pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, help stop anonymous trolls and reduce spam by using a Google ID to comment. Merely choose from the drop down list provided for commenting. Thank you, Victorian Nonsense